Friday, August 1, 2008

Solicitude

A noted observer of my life once inquired after my curious behavior with children: unabashed, free from poise and composure, playful, hell - even downright giddy. It is true; I do love children and certainly want to have my own some day. This "at-ease" temperament seems a tempting solution to my current intolerable state.

So, I couldn't help but wonder (hehe), what if my soul is craving some kid time?

I need a job that pays decently with some sort of structure I can cling to. But, I also think it could do me some good to play with kids all day. I found a position as a pre-school teacher at a Lutheran pre-school and daycare. And, well, I'm considering it. But, first - I need a word from all of you. Please let me know what you think of this random, Friday night notion.

Pros? Cons?



7 comments:

candacemorris said...

that's a silly question with a sillier answer: BUT OF COURSE.

(and, why didn't I think of that?)

(and, i love, but love, the way your imagination is prying into your soul and meeting it with creative solutions.)

UmberDove said...

I love your subtle little reference (hehe back at you).

I think that our most true ideas come when we are not trying so hard to find them, but rather when we allow a silly notion into our heads then realize, "holy mother! that was nothing short of brilliant."

So my answer is also yes.

Unknown said...

It sounds so wonderfully perfect for you. You have such a sweet and gentle spirit with children and they bring something out in you quite wonderful as well. I feel you will find some peace there.

Go for it, baby girl!!

Devon said...

I think you would be doing yourself a disservice by not going for it. But, you obviously didn't need my words to tell you that.

Jenn said...

Sounds like a great idea. Peace indeed. I'm curious what's become of this idea in the last 3 weeks?

Vile-ette said...

working with children has always been addicting for me, because no matter how shitty the tasks may be, the vitality, joy and utter freedom of self that children have that always leaves me feeling great at the end of the day. It is always the adults that I work or the parents that leave me drained. I think this would be a WONDERFUL idea, and preschool is a great age. I say GO FOR IT. Miss you friend.

Unknown said...

As it turns out, the child I long to play with is me. So, you are all absolutely responsible for driving me to that conclusion.

Instead of seeking employment with other people's children, I've decided to employ myself with the task of listening to my child.

On a practical note - a dirty, discordant one at that - we are looking for a property manager position in the city and mi amore is gainfully employed as the german teacher for a private K-8 school and the new barrista for 7 salon in bellevue.